Concrete Facts and Economic Strengths
* Concrete is the second most consumed product on earth, behind water*. Yet by comparison, concrete construction represents millions of more jobs and a much greater economic return than water. In fact, sustainable water projects rely heavily on concrete for storage, distribution and reclamation.
* There are nearly 3 tons of concrete produced each year for every human on the planet, making it the most used man-made product in the world. Concrete production and concrete construction have an impact on almost every facet of human existence.
* Concrete usage is two-times more than wood, steel, plastic and aluminum combined. When you consider it, there are not many structures that don’t include some type of cement-based building product.
* Construction jobs in the US represent approximately 6% of employment or around 9,000,000 jobs**. Because concrete touches almost every aspect of construction, a large percentage of these jobs are supported by concrete.
* The concrete supply chain reaches well beyond construction to include mining, equipment, transportation and industrial sectors of every economy.
Both the world’s strongest and weakest economies can benefit from a robust concrete construction supply chain. Finding ways to improve the quality of our concrete production system should be a focus of government, business and social stakeholders.
Cart-Away Concrete Systems is proud to contribute to the strength of this great economic engine.